This forum will spotlight the veterans of LGBT cartooning in North America and internationally, and will examine how queer comics reflect and critique queer culture. Queer comics publishers, editors, journalists, academics and readers are also encouraged to attend.
Keynote speakers: Howard Cruse and Alison Bechdel
The Queers & Comics Conference will offer two days of panels, workshops, and slideshow presentations, as well as an exhibition of queer cartoon art. Some panels include:
- This is What I Look Like: Creating Queer Characters of Color
- Trans Visibility in Imagined Worlds
- Political Graphic Journalism/Editorial Comics
- Drawing Out Queerness: Artists & Scholars in Conversation
- Queer Memoir
- Queer Comics, Health and Dis/Ability
Select events and keynotes will be livestreamed and video will be archived for future viewing.
Queers & Comics
LGBT Cartoonists’ Conference
May 7-8, 2015